COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
Our operations are evolving to protect our staff and guests
Pinelands Adventures is re-opening a limited schedule of self-guided trips with permission from the State of New Jersey.
A number of changes have been made to our operation in order to comply with new state and CDC regulations and recommendations as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Our team has been developing new standard operating procedures and we have conducted staff trainings following CDC sanitation guidelines and requirements.
Our operations and policies will continue to evolve with input from our staff, guests and emergent regulations and recommendations. Here are some important points you should know:
- All trips must be scheduled on our website or by phone, in advance
- All payments must be made by credit card, in advance
- Waivers must be completed online, in advance
- The Adventure Center is closed to the public but limited transactions are available on our new porch
- We request that you text us to check-in with the name of your reservation when you arrive on our premises
- The number of people on each trip will be limited to no more than 10, except if they are a group from the same household
- Parties must maintain a spacing of at least 6 feet apart whenever possible on our premises and at the landings.
- According to the rules issued in New Jersey Executive Order 152, dated June 9, 2020, indoor gatherings of up to 10 people are permitted at distances of less than 6 feet.
- Therefore, up to 10 people from different households may ride on our buses at distances closer than 6 feet while wearing masks.
- All windows on our buses must be kept open at all times
- Our staff will clean and sanitize our buses, boats, paddles and PFDs between uses
- All guests and staff will be required to wear facemasks in our buses, on our premises and at the launch sites and landings.
- If you or any member of your group is exhibiting symptoms consistent with COVID-19 we will work with you to cancel or reschedule your trip
- Staff exhibiting symptoms consistent with COVID-19 will be sent home
- We have installed partitions in our buses to protect our drivers
- We will be providing sanitizer and hand washing stations for staff and guests
- Guests are expected to be patient and respectful to our staff and one another on the river, our premises, at the landings and in our buses.
Pinelands Adventures must limit the number of people in our bus to no more than 10 people, except if they are a group from the same household. This is easier to schedule for departures to the river but will pose a bigger challenge on the return trip. Therefore, we may not be able to bring back everyone at the landing on the return trip, even if there is space on our buses. Our goal is to pick up guests in the order in which they landed. We will need your help to keep track of who landed first and the order in which you should board the buses.
Please expect that everything might take a little longer than usual and we will not be able to offer our guests the same level of service you have become accustomed to.
Additionally, Pinelands Adventures will continue to offer our Online Adventures to those who may wish to utilize our services remotely.
Pinelands Adventures welcomes your comments, suggestions and feedback. Please email us at email@example.com